Thursday, December 3, 2009

BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUND VS. SHALLOW DEPTH OF FIELD

I think that there are two good methods that film makers use when filming actors. One is to put them in front of a beautiful background and the other is to drowned out the background with shallow depth of field. I think that both of these ways have there place. Being in this class has opened my eyes to shallow depth of field and i have finally learned how to use it. It is my favorite tool now and the only time I really would want the background to stand out in on of my shots of a character is if it represents the characters mood. Otherwise i dont really want the audience to be distracted by a "beautiful" background unless the background is what i am trying to show them. So haveing said all of that i think that it is best to use shallow depth of field whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment