Thursday, December 3, 2009

CLOSE UPS!!!!

I want to take some time to talk about close ups and how I think that the majority of the shots in a movie should be shot this way. When I say the term close up you should know that Im not really talking about the tachnical term for the a close up shot. I just mean that I think that a film looks best when all of the shot have as little excess room in them as possible. I think that there are exceptions to this of course like wide open landscape shots but I think that any excess space in a shot can be very distracting and keep lure the viewers attention away from what they are suppose to be concentrating on. Shallow depth of field is a great technique that you can use to draw them away from the excess space that you cannot get rid of. I love movies that excessively use shallow depth of field because sometimes gives the movie a kind of dreamy surreal look.

No comments:

Post a Comment